Joshua C. Austin
Mr. Austin joined Mastin Bergstrom LLC in 2012. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Denver Sturm College Of Law and was admitted to the Colorado Bar in 2011.
Prior to beginning his legal career, Mr. Austin worked for over 15 years in the information technology field. This was the critical time frame when computers became such an integral aspect of how work is accomplished. He assisted companies to implement technologies that allowed for increased productivity which resulted in substantial reductions in costs and increased revenues.
Mr. Austin specializes in business acquisitions and management, with particular emphasis on the dental, veterinarian, and vision fields. Mr. Austin assists with entity formation choices, negotiating and drafting purchase agreements, non-competes, employment agreements, and independent contractor agreements for all types of business entities. Mr. Austin is known as one of the top Colorado attorneys representing dentists, veterinarians, optometrists, and other professionals based on his extensive experience. He regularly speaks before dental and veterinary groups providing instruction on the business aspects of their practices.
Mr. Austin is the current treasurer for Kids In Need of Dentistry (KIND). A Colorado non-profit with over 100 years of service providing education and free and low-cost dental treatment for Colorado’s children. You can learn more about KIND by visiting them here.
- Mastin Bergstrom LLC, Associate, 2012 – Present
- Arapahoe District Court, law clerk for the Honorable Charles M. Pratt 2011 – 2012
- Colorado Court of Appeals, intern for the Honorable David Furman 2009 – 2009
- Independence Institute, intern to Director of Research David Kopel 2008 – 2008
- Regis University, Computer Field Technician 2005 – 2008
- United Airlines, Computer Field Technician 2003 – 2005
- Cub Foods, Retail Technology Field Specialist 1994 – 2003
- Small group leader for Harvest Bible Chapel
- Intern with Project 1.27 (agency committed to finding forever homes for foster children)
- History Center Colorado Volunteer
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), University of Denver Sturm College of Law 2011
Member, Law Review
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Social Science, Regis University 2007
Summa Cum Laude
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Admitted to practice before Colorado State Courts