Zach A. Knight
Mr. Knight joined Mastin Bergstrom LLC in 2023. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Colorado Law School and was admitted to the Colorado Bar in 2019.
Mr. Knight specializes in formation, management, acquisition, sale, and general business counseling of small businesses. Mr. Knight has a particular focus on the acquisition and sale of professional practices such as dental, veterinary, and optometry practices, as well as small businesses in the soft play and mobile play industries. Mr. Knight assists businesses of all types with drafting and negotiating various contractual agreements, including operating agreements, customer terms and conditions, waivers, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, purchase agreements, and many others.
Mr. Knight is well-versed and passionate about entrepreneurship and small business in all of its forms, having obtained a degree in Entrepreneurial and Small Business Operations from Oklahoma State University in 2016 and a graduate certificate in Entrepreneurial Law from the University of Colorado Law School in 2019. During his studies, Mr. Knight also volunteered at both the Riata Center for Entrepreneurship and the CU Entrepreneurial Law Clinic.
Mr. Knight has the unique experience of having represented small and large businesses both at a law firm and as in-house corporate counsel. Before joining Mastin Bergstrom, Mr. Knight served as in-house counsel for Bellco Credit Union, one of the largest and fastest growing credit unions in the state of Colorado. Mr. Knight’s experience in both law firm and in-house capacities has provided him with the tools to confidently guide small businesses through any of the legal and managerial issues they may face in their day-to-day operations.
- Mastin Bergstrom LLC, Associate, 2023 – Present
- Bellco Credit Union, Associate Attorney, 2019 – 2022
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), The University of Colorado Law School, 2019, JD Certificate in Entrepreneurial Law
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A.) – Economics, Oklahoma State University, 2016, Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A) – Entrepreneurial and Small Business, Operations, Oklahoma State University, 2016, Cum Laude
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Admitted to practice before Colorado State Courts
- Member, Colorado and Denver Bar Association